eLiSe kAtHeRiNe

Monday, December 19, 2005

Home!

I made it through my first semester of college! I finished up finals last week and now i'm home for 3 weeks!!! It's so nice to be able to sleep in my own bed without people running around outside being loud or random people coming into my room. I never really appreciated the smell of home until I left. There's just something about home that makes you feel good about yourself. And homemade food! It doesn't get much better than that.
I'm so blessed to have such an awesome family! I have been brought up knowing Christ personally. I've always taken that for granted and I'm just now realizing how lucky I've been to have a family that loves God so much. I'm really looking forward to spending time with each person individually over Christmas break and getting back into their lives. This weekend was just the beginning of what's going to come in the next few weeks!
My aunt Sarah came to my house this weekend. She's a missionary in India and her life is just amazing, but that will have to be another blog. Anyway, our family decided about a month ago to pray over our home and Sarah wanted to be here for that which was a major blessing. We put stakes on the corners of our property with Scriptures on each of them and then anointed the perimeter with oil. We came inside and took communion, then just worshipped God and prayed together. Sarah read us some passages from the Bible that fit so well with what we needed. It was so nice to be with my family praying for each other and for our home. Nothing is our own and we want to serve God with everything He has given us.
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, December 22, 2005, Blogger Jen said…

    How incredible it is to read about a college student longing to be at home instead of out partying and dying through "livin' it up." I'm so, so, so proud of you! You have worked so hard and now you are reaping the benefits. Elise, I am convinced that you are going to excel beyong any expectations that even you set for yourself. You are such a blessing for me and I am excited to get to see you be able to breath and chill out for awhile. I can't wait to reap the benefits of you being home and get some quality time in. I miss you even though you are still here and I see you several times a week! I love, love, love you and I can't wait to see you when you come back from your visit with you family.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, December 23, 2005, Blogger cs said…

    It's really a blessing to have that kind of family! It's awesome actually. I'm envious... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home