eLiSe kAtHeRiNe

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Prayers Needed!

Yesterday, we had to put my grandma in the hospital. My family and I were supposed to go to my aunt and uncle's ranch in Kansas City this week along with my grandparents. Saturday we got a call saying that my grandma was not going to be able to make the trip because she was in too much pain. WHAT?!? I didn't even know my grandma was this sick, but apparently she has been in severe pain for 6-8 weeks! My aunt and uncle and their family instead came to St. Louis on Monday so that we could all be together around Christmastime. God really worked a miracle Monday night, because my grandma felt good enough to sit in the living room with her family and have Christmas. We thought we might not be able to get Christmas in this year on my dad's side, but God gave us an amazing night together on Monday.
Tuesday morning, my aunt, grandpa, mom, and dad took my grandma to the hospital to figure out what was wrong. It turns out that she has cancer and it's very aggressive and widespread. Wow, I can't even believe this. It's so fast. We're not really sure of all the details, but it's not looking good. Last night it took something four times as strong as morphine to ease her pain. My prayer is that no matter what happens, my grandma will be pain free and have peace. She's been sick for longer than I've been born, and this just happens to be the worst of it. Please, please keep my grandma, grandpa and our family in your prayers. God can do anything, especially when believers are united in prayer.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

5 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, January 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Got your grandma, you and your family covered in prayer. Love You! Lyn

     
  • At 11:19 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Jen said…

    Elise,
    It was my deepest pleasure to meet your wonderful Grandma! She was so refreshing to meet. She is absolutely beautiful inside and out. I wish that I had the chance to talk with her more. Thanks for letting me go with you to the hospital.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger Elise said…

    Jen,
    It was such a blessing to me that you came, and I know you blessed my grandma's heart. Any chance she can get, especially now, to get a glimpse of her grandchildrens' lives means the world to her. I've talked plenty about you, so for her to meet you definitely made her day. Thanks for coming!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, January 06, 2006, Blogger cs said…

    Elise, you've quoted such an amazing verse... Philippians 4:6-7. It's a really simple verse... no tough context... no catches... nothing but... Be anxious for noting... right... Kind of. It gets hard when you have to practice it. I've spent a lot of time meditating on just those verses. I find that visualizing it helps so much... picture that verse in you mind... what do you get? My answer is true peace of mind. You can find infinite peace in Christ and Christ ALONE! It's not easy to loose a loved one, I'm sure... but I can't speak from experience. I can say honestly though that nothing that happens, absolutely nothing I've ever gone through, even my parents not being believers happens without God having a perfect reason for ordaning it.

    Know this... Your Grandmother is going to heaven... I'm sure your grandmother is sure of this herself. Look at philippians 4:4... two verses before... be anxious for nothing. "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice," Rejoice, your Grandmother is going to heaven! Rejoice, one day, you will join her, in eternity to worship the one Holy God who, "works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."

    I will pray for you grandma... And you, and your family, it won't be easy, I'm sure... But, "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men, the Lord is NEAR. Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7.

    Love in Christ,
    Corbin

     
  • At 1:08 PM, January 07, 2006, Blogger Steve said…

    Praying for you, your family and your grandmother that the Lord's peace will be on you all.
    God Bless You!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home