eLiSe kAtHeRiNe

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Math Lesson

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint: What Equals 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been in situations where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 101%? What equals 100% in life? Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R- K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

AND, look how far the love of God will take you

L-O-V-E-O-F-G-O-D
12+15+22+5+15+6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that: While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Love of God that will put you over the top!

~We are God's children created uniquely in His image! He loves us just as much as He loves Jesus!!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, February 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Elise, dang! When I say dang I mean, God is awesome and I can see Him living through you. You gotta let me know why you figured this out. It's crazy. Attitude reflects leadership and the love of God poured out means more than enough. Mmm. Look at what God has done. He has saved you, raised you, filled you with the Holy Ghost.
    It makes me wanna shout, HALLELUJAH!
    Thank you Jesus. Lord your worhty of all the glory and all the honor and all the praise. MMMM!

     
  • At 12:09 AM, February 05, 2006, Blogger cs said…

    Elise, that's awesome... still praying for you...

    Brother in Christ,
    Corbin

     
  • At 3:22 PM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm afraid Chad has said it all so please direct your eyes upward and reread his. Repeat as many times as necesary to generate chemistry heart.
    Love and peace.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Katelyn Ashley said…

    oh elise, thats pretty cool. i mean, in know that word "cool" seems like such an understatement, but when it comes to God's love isn't every word an understatement? you rock, elise. that's pretty much an understatement too, but hey, like i said before...

     
  • At 7:30 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Elise said…

    Chad,
    I didn't actually figure this math thing out. I received it in an email and had to post it. But as soon as I read it I was totally like "MMMMM!!" too! One of these days I'm going to get to a point where I really won't be able to speak words anymore. I'll just grunt and scream and say Mmmm and speak in tongues...whatever! Words just can't describe how real God is right now. I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. He is holding you and me right in the palm of His Almighty hand! It's ridiculous really. Even now as I read your comment I feel my heart getting heavy with love and the desire to be with my family. Fortunately I will see you again, soon, and we will be able to share once again the splendor of our King!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Jen said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Jen said…

    Katie, there is a phrase going around lately. Feel free to start using it! It's, "Words are meaningless!" It refers to how much words can not even begin to describe the things of God - His "coolness" if you will! I love you girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home